Sunday, November 28, 2010

The start to the holidays and real food.

I can't believe it's already time for Christmas trees and decorations and that Thanksgiving has already come and gone. We had a really nice Thanksgiving, spent pretty equally between mine and Nick's families, and it was actually pretty relaxing and enjoyable even with driving back and forth between houses. I just wish I hadn't gotten a terrible stomach ache so I could've eaten more - of course the one day of the year when all I want to do is completely stuff myself is the day I get the worst stomach ache ever... Luckily it eventually went away and there weren't any trips to the hospital or anything like that, but I was still ashamed that I was only able to put away ONE full plate of food. I will definitely need to make up for it on Christmas.



Of course, once Thanksgiving is over, it's Christmas. Which means it's time to get Christmas trees. (YAY!) This is one of my favorite days of the year, since Christmas-time is my favorite time of the year, and this kicks everything off. We had a lot of fun toting Nora around with us this time, and also found a really perfect tree which is now also decorated and proudly standing in our living room.





To finish off a weekend of fun, we decided to venture into new territory with Nora's expanding diet: peas. We started giving her rice cereal a couple of weeks ago, and since she seems to be loving that and is still extremely interested in everything else she sees everyone eating and drinking, we decided it was time to try something new. Needless to say, she now loves peas too, based on the feeding frenzy we experienced tonight. However, I'm still convinced that this child will devour anything since she seems equally interested in her fingers and anything else that she can get near her mouth, including my face. But fingers are her favorite. I think she only enjoys peas as long as they're accompanied by a side of fingers.






No comments: